Sunday 13 June 2010

In Lux's Garden

These are just  few of the shots I took one evening in France last month.  The light as the sun was setting down the valley below the garden was absolutely beautiful and the searing heat had subsided to a gentle balmy warmth.  It was one of the loveliest evenings I have spent in a long time.  

That's my eldest angel in the background, yes she is fishing and no there's no water there!  She was catching mackerel and sharks off of the edge of the cliff!  My children are the best source of inspiration ever :)  The next evening they spent ages trying to catch rain in sieves.  I wish I had photos of that!

It's such a beautiful spot it makes me want to draw so many different scenes.  I particularly love the quality of the light in these pictures while the sun was going down, I would love to be able to capture that on paper.  I also love the way the various plants are framing the scene, especially the irises, a drawing lilke this is definitely on my exceedingly long to-do list :)

No comments:

Post a Comment