Thursday 10 June 2010

WIP

Here they are, as promised, a few little shots of my current project.

Last weekend we took a stroll around the stunningly beautiful Delamere Forest , I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area.

It was full of the most beautiful brackens, or were they ferns? just starting to unfurl and spring open, and they were surrounded by layer upon layer of forget-me-nots and buttercups.  I saw my very first woodpecker and Mr Indigo saw a treecreeper which impressed me much more once I realised that it was a bird and not in fact a plant :)  We walked down by the lake and out onto a natural stone jetty where we were engulfed by the most amazing cloud of Damselflies, it was like being in a fairytale, I've never seen anything in nature that is quite such an incredibly vivid blue before.  They just carried on with their day around us, seemingly completely unconcerned by us.  Magical!

So that afternoon in a wood inspired this picture, I only hope that I can do such a glorious place full of breathtaking scenery the justice it deserves when I start to colour it.  I could never begin to capture all of it but I shall try my very best to encapsulate a sense of it :)

Goodbye for now friends, hopefully the next time I stop by I might be posting some slightly more advanced shots for you, maybe evenn with some......gasp......colour in them!

Stay tuned, hugs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment